Sunday 10 July 2016

First Week's reflections

I was not sure what to expect on the first night but we launched straight into the course.
My initial impressions are positive. I like the flexibility of the session times. Also the ability to attend at any of twelve locations is innovative. I will be in Auckland for Week 2 so I am finding out where I can attend a class while there.
The 32 week programme is going to be a challenge but I am especially excited about the leadership aspect of the programme.

Response to What 60 Schools Can Tell Us About Teaching 21st Century Skills: Grant Lichtman at TEDxDenverTeachers
A really useful and interesting Ted talk. The main idea that I got after one viewing was the discussion around the movement from an industrial age model of learning to one which was more collaborative, self-managing and incorporates life-long learning. I liked the idea that learning can take place outside the four walls of a classroom and move into an 'anywhere-anytime' concept.
I want to view the talk again to consolidate some of the ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment